Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Dragon Time?

Hey, so have you heard that George RR Martin's A Dance with Dragons finally has a pub date? A real one. One that the man himself stands by? Well, it does. It's July 12, 2011. That's this year, ya know. Just months away.

Admittedly, he's not finished yet, but this time he says it's for real. You can read his Ice and Fire Update post: Here.

This will make 2011 a rather huge year for Westeros. New book and a new HBO series. Am I jealous?

Forget I asked that...

I'm very pleased, really, as a fan and as a friend. I'm a bit bummed that I no longer get a mention on his update page, but I guess the time has finally come for him to promote his own book there instead of other people's.

Do I think this is a real date? Yes. I'm a believer.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger A. Hartman Adams said...

Lies. All lies.
(That doesn't mean I won't be first in line, though)

6:10 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Such doubters! Geez...

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the moment, I am looking forward more to 'The Sacred Band' and 'The Magician King' (Lev G's sequel to 'The Magicians') than the next GRRM. But honestly speaking, I stopped reading in the long hiatus after 'A Storm of Swords'.

7:09 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Well, thank you. Truth be known, I need you rather a bit more than George does anyway. ;)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home