Monday, February 14, 2011

Boskone

So it's conference time again!

This time I'll just be heading down the road a little bit to Boston, for Boskone. I attended for the first time last year, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Should be fun this time around too. I've got a rather choice lineup of events/appearances, with lots of interesting folks in the mix.

One of the things I like about my panels this time around is that they all look to be... well... fun. They look like fun. Positive. Sort of hanging out and talking about books and authors we like. No deep and meaningful conversations for me. Hopefully nothing contentious. Just a good time. You should come along!

HERE'S the Website for general information.

And here's what I'll be doing:

Friday 6pm


Big Canvas, Little Strokes: Creating an Epic Fantasy Series

Peter V. Brett
David Anthony Durham (M)
Elaine Isaak
Rosemary Kirstein
Jo Walton

Building a world in fractal detail, animating a vast cast of characters, finding and holding an audience: let's talk about the challenges of writing in a format with perhaps the broadest scope in the business.

(It seems like I'll be attached at the hip to Peter V. Brett this weekend. We have three events events together!)

Friday 9pm

Against a Bright Background -- Building a Vivid World

Karen Anderson (M)
David Anthony Durham
Elaine Isaak
Robert Kuhn
Karl Schroeder

It's a main strength (or weakness) of much SF and fantasy. How is it done when it's done well? Let's talk about the nuts and bolts of worldbuilding: physical setting, flora, fauna, nonhuman (ET or otherworldy) beings, cultures, languages, economies, cuisines, and more!

Saturday 10am

Autographing

Saturday 11am

New Faces of Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror

Laird Barron

Peter V. Brett
Paul Di Filippo (M)
David Anthony Durham
Kelly Link

These exceptional writers may still be in the early stages of their
career, but already we catch glimpses of greatness. Let's name names
-- and talk about what makes them so special.

(And can I just say, "Hurrah, I'm on a panel with Kelly Link! Fun.)

Saturday 1pm

Kaffeeklatsch

Peter V. Brett
David Anthony Durham

(The True Blood imagery is, of course, in honor of Charlaine Harris, with whom I'll be sharing the stage for:)

Saturday 2pm

Authors I Love (And Why)

Paul Di Filippo
David Anthony Durham (M)
Charlaine Harris
James D. Macdonald

Sunday 10am

Reading: David Anthony Durham

If you're anywhere near the Boston area, consider dropping in. It really is a good time!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Peter V. Brett said...

Looking forward to meeting you!

10:47 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

My too, Peter. It'll be a good time, I'm sure!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Erin Underwood said...

I am so excited to Kelly Link. :-) The panel that you're on together looks great.

Your "Word Verifcation" system for your comments is making me spell the word "salitifi" (I think). I definitely need to find my glasses. All of those letters look the same when the smash 'em together like that.... ok... hitting "Publish You Comment" now .... wish me luck.....

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home