Thursday, January 27, 2011

Just For The Record... My Dog's Name Isn't Huckleberry

...I'm not the David Anthony Durham that this guy with the gun is after. I did not shoot a police officer in Oregon, and I'm not on the run in the woods.

Nobody has ever said about me: "...family members say he slipped into a deluded state and at one point misinterpreted a movie about space aliens for a documentary."

Nor has anybody ever said: "...he managed to climb out of the truck and, dressed in full green camouflage, escape into the woods. His dog Huckleberry followed him..."

Nor: "Even if he is a survivalist, he can only survive for so long. He may like to eat bugs and stuff, but that gets old."

I do not look like this:

I only mention this because several kind folks have written to me alerting me that my name is being splashed all over the Pacific Northeast.

Here's a piece about it in The Bend Bulletin.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Robinette Kowal said...

How disturbing...

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Ethan Iktho said...

(location: X-Files/MIB Quarters, somewhere)

No way, Sir.
This time you won't escape. Look at what the Bend Bulletin says:

"He wasn't some anti-government nut expecting a collapse..."
"Durham acquaintances knew him as a friendly neighbor..."

It's obvious: They're talking about YOU. So how can you explain you were there, and here with your family, at the same time ?

8:27 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Hey, maybe you can beat your doppelganger into print with HIS memoir. Should be a big seller.

12:22 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Ethan Iktho,

Well, there you go. My neighbors would never described me as a "friendly" neighbor. I'm a grump.

Brian,

Maybe I could write that memoir:

"Me and Huckleberry: The David Anthony Durham Story", by David Anthony Durham and David Anthony Durham.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Bryan Russell said...

If it was you, that would be one hell of a makeup job. Talk about chameleon-like survival skills...


Life is weird, ain't it?

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home