Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Word From Poland

I've not actually got my hands on the book yet, but I'm thrilled to hear the someone is reading Akacja, the Polish version of Acacia: The War With The Mein. A very kind Olga Michalik said lots of lovely things about the book: HERE. (I think.)

Take this, for example:

"W dobie wszechobecnej marnej, często nawet prymitywnej fantasy "Akacja" Davida Durhama stanowi prawdziwą perełkę. Z zalewającej nasz rynek powodzi nędznych podróbek Tolkiena "Akację" wyróżnia przede wszystkim bardzo oryginalna i dobrze dopracowana koncepcja świata."

Oh... Thank you Olga.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Ethan Iktho said...

Apparently, it is said here that "Acacia" is really original in the fantasy litterature (Tolkienish...), with a very actual view mixed with the plot...", or something not too far. Shortly said, the Polish critic liked it.

By the way, a very goud New Year Eve for everydobly around here !

Best

11:29 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

And a Happy New Year to you as well!

Book Three is Coming!

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Ethan Iktho said...

Man, that's what I call great news for the beginning of the year !

(-- Big silence all around... "Is there anybody out there ?" offered a tiny and quite - not so - angry voice in the Void... --)

And then... (?)

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it says: „In times of overwhelmingly poor, even primitive fantasy David Durham’s “Acacia” is a real gem. In the mass of pale Tolkien imitations flooding our market “Acacia” distinguishes itself with a very original and well thought out concept of the world” (sorry for my English). By the way, I am from Poland, I love your books and I can’t wait for the final instalment!

12:58 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thanks for that translation! And I'm very glad to hear you're in for the next book!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home