Wednesday, February 02, 2011

E Bear On Care And Feeding

One of my illustrious fellow Clarion instructors, Elizabeth Bear, has posted a wee piece on the Clarion blog. She writes that she wasn't sure what to post about for awhile, until she hit on an idea:

"...it occurred to me that I could do two for the price of one. Which is to say, I could talk about maintaining the physical plant, and the importance of telling detail all at once."

Wanna know what that's about? Take a look HERE.

Just so you know, I'll be blogging on something or other at the same spot later this month. I'll mention it when it's live, of course.

And... I would be remiss if I didn't prod you would be speculative fiction writers to apply to the program. It's intense, longish, and not cheap, BUT... man, it works. Any MFA program out there that had the alumni list that the Clarion residency has would be considered among the top programs in the country. Good place to write and to meet other people that are going to be voices in the genre in the future!

Head HERE to get more information on applying.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home