Sunday, March 06, 2011

The Editor Speaketh

I told you that I’d finished the manuscript. I showed you the cover. I pointed at the publication date. But I don’t think I’ve yet mentioned a final bit of business about The Sacred Band - namely, what my editor thought of the whole thing.

Well, he got back to me a little while ago, and I’m very pleased to say that we’re a go. He liked the book and its conclusion quite a bit. Here, I’ll let him speak for himself. He said, in part:

“I finished THE SACRED BAND last night with a great feeling of satisfaction. You really have delivered on that promise you made to us and to yourself years ago to produce an epic, multi-layered, literate, fully imagined alternative historical narrative, and all the plot strands are wrapped up in completely satisfying fashion. It was a long journey, certainly, but your strong writing kept my full attention throughout and I was never bored for a minute.”

So, that’s one guy’s take on it. I hope that, come October, lots more readers will find the book to their liking as well!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary Robinette Kowal said...

Yay! That must be a delightful relief.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Laughton and Patricia Johnston said...

Brilliant David!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to travel to Acacia again.

3:35 AM  
Anonymous jdepalma said...

Great to hear. Two great fantasy books to look forward to this year!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Kat Howard said...

If I weren't already looking forward to reading it, the comments from your editor would convince me I must. Congratulations.

4:05 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

:)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home