Thursday, December 01, 2011

A Person of Influence

I've just received something very nice. Words. Just words. But they are ones that mean quite a bit to me - for lots of reasons. I'm pleased to say that one of the Time Magazine's Most Influential People in the World has been kind enough to pen a few kind sentences about me.

No, it wasn't Mark Zuckerberg. Not Michelle Obama either. Michele Bachman... ah, no. And, alas, it wasn't Oprah.

It was his awesomeness himself: click HERE.

Stay with me...

Okay, so my publisher heard that he might be offering a blurb. They got excited and like instantly produced a new version of forthcoming massmarket cover. It looks like this: (Click on it and read George's "quote".)


Pretty nice, huh? If only I knew what the heck he was saying...

Fast forward to today, and I can offer you the actual endorsement George has very kindly offered me. The cool thing is that he starts it with the first thing he read of mine - that little novel about Carthage...

David Anthony Durham knocked me out with Pride of Carthage. He brought Hannibal, his brothers, and the Second Punic War to vivid, bloody life, and established himself as one of the bright new lights of historical fiction. He's doing great work in science fiction as well, as the Campbell Award voters attested when they elected him the best new writer in the field. His epic fantasies make him a triple threat.  No matter the genre, David Anthony Durham has serious chops. I can't wait to read whatever he writes next...

I am pleased and very grateful. My publisher has been jolted into a fury of activity. I can't really talk much about that, but judging from their reaction... George is a very influential person indeed.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that's really great!


Emil

5:20 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thanks Emil!

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Loved your acacia series! Wish you continued success, - fara

10:37 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Very pleased to hear that. Thank you!

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home