Saturday, November 27, 2010

Can I Just Mention...

...how incredibly proud I am of my wife's awesome work as a knitwear designer?

I am. I really, really am. Her career as a designer has taken off over the last few years. Much of it's be facilitated by the internet, through which she's tapped into a world-wide community of knitting enthusiasts.

Wondering what I'm on about? Take a look at her new website. Check out her debut book - which is just now available! It was all photographed last summer in Shetland, with photography by the very cool Jared Flood.

And peruse the lineup of published and self-published patterns she's already accumulated. It's stunning, really. If you know any knitters point them her way. It's terrific stuff.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Robinette Kowal said...

Her work totally makes me wish I knitted.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Ellen said...

I've read Acacia and seen several of her knitting patterns around, but had no idea there was any connection! I look forward to making some of these things.

10:31 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Mary,

Never to late to start!

Ellen,

That's terrific. Thanks for supporting us both!

-David.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home