Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fantastinet Interview

The very cool Allan Dujiperou conducted an interview with me for the French website Fantastinet. Thanks, much, Allan. I love the way I sound in French. For example...

Allan : Je dois reconnaitre que j'ai lu le premier volume et que j'ai ete impressionne par… Tout ! Pour beaucoup de lecteurs, ton livre est parmi les meilleurs de fantasy. Que ressens-tu quand tu entends ca ?

Anthony : Je suis enchante ! Bien sur, c'est exactement ce que j'espere entendre. J'ai travaille dur pour rendre l'histoire complexe, avec des personnages interessants des thematiques sous le verni de l'action. Je veux ecrire des romans <<
serieux >> qui font aussi passer de bons moments au lecteur. Entendre que les lecteurs ont trouve cela dans mon travail est tres satisfaisant.

"Anthony" is me, by the way. Yeah, I like that...

Here's the interview in English.

And here it is in French.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi David, I haven't read anything by you so far but "Acacia" and "Pride of Carthage" are on my reading list for this year. I just don't know which I'll be reading first. Speaking of which and of the French language, is there any chance of seeing the latter translated into Molière's language?

3:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year, David!
You're becoming a world wide celebrity and you deserve it. I can't wait to read The Other Lands.

9:52 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Jose,

I'd really, really, really like for Pride of Carthage to appear in French someday. Flaubert's SALAMBO was an influence, and for some reason I always thought the book might work for French readers. So far, though, there are no plans for a French edition. It may happen - especially as my French publisher for the Acacia series is so enthusiastic. We might need to finish that off first, but maybe afterwards POC can get the French treatment. I hope so.

Griot,

Thanks, and Happy New Year to you too! (Happy New Century is what it actually feels like...)

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home