Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Cesaria Evora

I also mentioned that we were listening to Cesaria Evora the other night in the cottage. Don't know if you've got a taste for the World Music scene, but if so you might want to check her out. Very cool. Good stuff to have in your quiver of musical options. At times you will hear Scottish fiddle music coming out of the cottage. At other times it the sounds of further flung places, like the Cape Verde Islands.

See video for the vibe...



Oh, and I haven't failed to notice that tomorrow is Christmas. My kids keep reminding me. Enjoying the build-up very much!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song. They play it all the time on my favorite radio station, Village 900 CKMO, which is based out of a community college in Victoria BC just across the water from where I live. Isn't she the singer that's always barefoot? (Kinda like Michael Franti, who is also a great musician IMO).

It sounds like you guys are having a great time for the holidays.

5:19 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Yes, she's the "Barefoot Diva"!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home