Monday, January 21, 2008

A little bit more on last year...

Very pleased to learn (thanks, Larry) that Acacia: The War with the Mein has made Greg L. Johnson's editors list: The SF Site: Best of 2007. I'm in the mix with titles by Ian McDonald, Kim Stanley Robinson, Richard Morgan, Nalo Hopkinson, and Kay Kenyon - among others. It's a lovely list.

And I've received some love from the other side of Atlantic. On the French site, Elbakin.net, Gillossen has included Acacia as one of last year's top titles: Le Top 10 Fantasy 2007 Pour Elbakin.net. (This is for the English edition, by the way. The French one isn't out yet.) The review of the book is HERE, if you read French.

Thank you both.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Your novel is on my list to read this year. Unfortunately, I haven't had as much time to read lately, as the end of last year was extremely hectic for me: marriage, selling my house, work, and trying to finish my own novel. I've also neglected my blog and I'm just starting to pick up writing on it again. Keep up the good work.

3:21 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

And congrats to you on the marriage and move and all the rest! I hope you like the book when you do get to it...

3:32 PM  
Blogger Larry Nolen said...

I wonder if you have an opening for a paid publicist position, David, because here's another biggie that you made on the longlist/also recommended section: American Library Association.

Some impressive company there, I might add...

5:47 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thanks, Larry, I needed a post for today. It'll go up in a minute. I'm afraid I don't have said "paid" publicist position, but I will gratefully accept pro bono work!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home