Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fantasy Book Critic's 2007 Review/2008 Preview: A Writer's Perspective

Just a quick mention that Robert at Fantasy Book Critic has put together an incredibly comprehensive collection of responses from tons of writers. They talked about favorite books from last year, ones they're looking forward to for next year, and about what's forthcoming. It's really a long-ass post, but quite interesting. Check it out here.

By the way, Kate Elliott and Tobias Buckell were kind enough to list Acacia: The War with the Mein as one of their favorites. Yeah for them!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just dropped in to say I'm absolutely loving the book. It's been a long time since I've read a fantasy novel that feels truly "adult". When can we expect the next installation?

1:55 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

That's music to my ears, of course. I know exactly what you mean by "adult". It's what I strive for, and I appreciate your noticing and liking it.

I'll be delivering the next book to my publisher later this year, and it should get into the world sometime in 2009. That's vague, but it's about as precise as I can be. I have a ways to go, but I'm also glad to say that I believe the second book is proceeding in ways readers are going to find even more interesting (and still "adult").

Thanks for asking about it.

-David.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm eagerly awaiting it. Thanks for the reply!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home