Monday, January 28, 2008

Jeff VanderMeer's List at Locus Online

Is it bad of me to keep posting best of the year lists - the ones that I'm on in particular? I can't help it. If I don't do it who's gonna? And the folks that put in the time to make the lists deserve to have people sent their direction, right? In that spirit...

The smooth, witty and insightful Jeff VanderMeer mentions Acacia (that's favorably, of course) in his Best of 2007 list. He wrote: "Acacia: The War with the Mein by David Anthony Durham brought a sturdy earnestness to heroic fantasy, wedded to intense characterization." That's a nice sentence. A sturdy one. That's it, really. That's my line, and I'm happy to have it. Do check out the post, though, if you want some more reading ideas. His list has some unique titles, not necessarily the standard fair.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home