Monday, September 30, 2013

Wonderbook

Oh, I just got something neat in the mail today. It's this:

That being Jeff VanderMeer's supercool, illustrated craft book - all about writing Imaginative Fiction. It's totally beautiful (with artwork by Jeremy Zerfoss) and full of wisdom from Jeff himself, and from a ton of other folks as well. See, Jeff knows people. When he asks for creative consultations and contributions, we come running. That's why it's got articles and such from the likes of Neil Gaiman, Lev Grossman, Lauren Beukes, Charles Yu, Karin Lowachee, Catherynne M. Valente, Michael Moorcock, and many others, as well as a long exclusive discussion about craft with George R.R. Martin.

For some reason it's even got me in it. Yep, my name is right there on the back, wedged in between Kim Stanley Robinson and Joe Abercrombie. I'm just across from Karen Joy Fowler and I could tap Ursula K. Leguin and Catherynne M. Valente on the shoulder. I could tickle Neil Gaiman (not that I'd dare) and step on Lev Grossman's toes (not that I'd want to or anything - just saying).

Anyway, I am pleased to be in it, but mostly I'm happy to have it. It's a lovely resource. Not on sale yet, but soon. It's here on Amazon.com - Wonderbook: The Illustrated Guide to Creating Imaginative Fiction.

I like it. I really like it. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to read it...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home