Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Imaginales 2012... complete

I'm back from France! I had a terrific time, as ever. Imaginales was just as good as last time, better in some ways.

I did quite a few interviews, some audio, some video, some for print. I guess they'll make their way out into the world over the next few weeks. Was on a selection of panels. All went well, I think. I met a terrific group of writers. The international guests included Mercedes Lackey (great fun), Jaye Wells (one of the gang each evening, drinking and smoking like a local), Mary-Janice Davidson (a complete riot - unfiltered), and Naomi Novik (the only one of us that actually spoke decent French). I was also particularly happy to spend time with Kai Meyer, the bestselling German writer. I've been a fan of his middle grade novels for a long time, and we've corresponded in the past. (By the way, he's got a new YA series debuting in the US - Arcadia Awakens.)

Of course, there were plenty of French writers too! Between the panels and signing sessions and dinner and bar time I hung out with them. Just to name a few: Sire Cédric, Laurent Whale, Carina Rozenfeld, Marie Caillet, Nicolas Cluzeau, Marika Gallman, Lionel Davoust, Cassandra O'Donnell, Christophe Vacher, Sylvie Miller, Adrien Tomas, Anne Fakhouri, Pierre Bordage, Ayerdhal, Samantha Bailly... And there were many more! Good people all of them.

Oh, and I'm pleased to say I even had some fans! Lovely fans. I signed plenty of books, took a few pictures, kissed some cheeks. It was France, after all.

If you want to see how I roll in France, you could take a look at the series of videos from my extended interview section. It's an interesting process considering that the interview is conducted in French. And... ah... I don't speak French. (Not yet, at least. If they keep inviting me back I'm definitely going to learn.)

To get you started, the first part is here:




Anyway, I'm very pleased to have attended for a second time. Much thanks to the town of Epinal, the Imaginales coordinators and to my wonderful, dedicated, tireless publishing team at Le Pré aux clercs. Thank you.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Lionel Davoust said...

It was great seeing you again in Epinal, David! Too bad we didn't get the time to chat a little more and share a drink. Best success to all your endeavors, hoping to seeing you again soon!

5:30 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Very nice to have seen you as well, Lionel! It will happen again soon. I'm sure of it.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks David for coming back to this far away France... Great to have you here. The 3 videos of your conference are now available on youtube, if you want to share the other links.

4:31 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Always a pleasure. I've put up a link to the interviews. Thank you!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home