Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trade Paperback Reboot!

Minutes away from starting the drive toward the Glasgow airport, but I can't help posting news...

As of today, the entire Acacia Trilogy is available in trade paperback editions. Anchor saw fit to republish them in the slightly larger format. I think they make a handsome set, and it doesn't suck that there's a blurb from George RR Martin splattered across the top of each cover!

If you've ever had the hankering for buying them in a format between the hardcover and the massmarket versions, that's now possible. They'd make nice gifts, too...

I've made a few edits, by the way, to the first book. Nothing added, but lots of small trims made to the text. I think you'll find the story completely intact, but with quicker pacing at the beginning. I'm pleased with the changes.

Okay, gotta go...

4 Comments:

Blogger Skrybe said...

I just might gift this to a friend, as it turns out. I just finished The Sacred Band. Excellent, sir. Bravo and all that. And also if it just so happens that, oh, I don't know, 4 or 5 years from now a 1400-page "Epic of Tinhadin" happens to pop up, I won't be mad at you. I'm just sayin.

6:29 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thanks for that. Hey, I'd be into reading the "Epic of Tinhadin". Maybe that means I should write it...

9:20 AM  
Blogger Dan (Targh) said...

Hope your journey was ok - I forget, are you in the States permanently now?

I picked up a copies of the Acacia trilogy from the US Kindle store. Any idea if they plan to put an update out with the changes you made? Finished book 1 now, but I'd go back later and check it out if they amend it - see if I can spot the difference :)

4:13 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

I have a troublesome relationship with the word "permanently". Haven't found permanence yet, and I'm getting skeptical that I ever will.

So, I'd say for the time being I'm back Stateside, though a few years out I could well see being back in Edinburgh. I love that city...

As for the Kindle edition... Yes, my Anchor editor assured me the changes would go into the ebook edition. I can't guarantee that has happened, or that I'll know when it does. But the official word is that it will be updated.

If you ever do look at the revised version, let me know what you think.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home