Friday, February 24, 2012

On Meeting George

Hiya. My offering for today is from a short piece I wrote at my paperback publisher's request. They want a little essay from me to include in promotion material for The Sacred Band, preferably something light and humorous - if I had that in me.

Since I was riding high on getting that great blurb from George RR Martin at the time, I decided to write about my recollection of the first time I met him. That's what I did.

I just noticed that it's up on the Random House Website now. If you're interested, you can read it HERE.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Great story, that must have been surreal. Just think, though, that there are millions of fans who all want to be able to tell the same story one day, but replacing you with themselves and GRRM with you!

7:14 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Very kind of you to say. I hope so. I really do.

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home