Friday, January 22, 2010

KGB

I had a terrific time at KGB last Wednesday. I've been lax in posting about it, but that's because I've been rather busy these last few weeks. I'm looking at a week with an even keel, though, and very happy about it.

It was great to show up and immediately see familiar faces. K. Tempest Bradford greeted me, along with Nora Jemison. Before I knew it I was talking with Ellen Kushner, Delia Sherman, Felix Gilman, Rick Bowes, and a contingent of students from the Stonecoast MFA Program. Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel were gracious hosts. We had a great crowd, and I think the readings even went well! Yes, I did wear the Campbell Tiara...

I had a great time talking with Lev Grossman, whose The Magicians I quite enjoyed!

After the reading a big crowd of folks headed off to get some really impressive Chinese food, and I ended the evening being a guest of Ellen Kushner and Delia Sherman, who have an absolutely amazing, rambling apartment stuffed full of antiques and thousand and thousands of books!

Yes. A lovely time.

There are more pictures HERE, if you must see...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home