Monday, January 18, 2010

Back From Maine

Hi. I've just returned from an intense Stonecoast residency in Maine. That's what's kept me from posting much here the last few days. Love it, though. Great program, good people. Enough social interaction to keep me going for the next six months! I got to be there to welcome Elizabeth Hand to the faculty. Very good news for us!

I'll try to get myself settled back down and normal again. May take a while, though. Brain feels like mush right now. (Hence the incomplete sentences.) Also, I'll be heading down to NYC Wednesday for my KGB reading with Lev Grossman. It'll be terrific, I know, but I'm looking forward to returning from it and, uh... sleeping a lot.

I noticed a couple of nice links to direct you toward, though. Joseph Mallozzi - of Stargate production fame - has said some wonderful things about The Other Lands (Acacia, Book 2). Thank you. Thank you.

I also wanted to direct folks to this post on the winners of the 2010 RUSA Awards. This is a division of the American Library Association that produces reading lists aimed at adults each year. Acacia: The War with the Mein got a mention - not as one of the winners, but as a recommended title in the Fantasy category. They've got other categories as well, and since I like many of the books they've picked I'm going to check out some of the recommended titles that I'm not familiar with.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Steven Till said...

Regardless of not winning, you're in some good company to be mentioned along with George Martin and Terry Goodkind for Read-Alikes. Congrats.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Ethan Iktho said...

Congrats and...

Funny you put yourself and "War With The Mein" in the SF category.

Could it be you were thinking about some SF novel you have in mind when you wrote this post ?

Mmh ?

Would be nice news, no doubt about it !

6:56 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Steven,

Yep. That'll do. I actually don't know if I was in the running for that award. Not sure what the criteria is, but Ken Scholes Lamentation - which I liked very much - was published in a different year than Acacia.

Ethan Iktho,

Oops. I just corrected that. Fantasy I am. I'd love to have a SF novel in me, but at the moment I don't know what it is. I'll remain an SF fan for a while...

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home