Thursday, July 06, 2006

Legacy Award

I'm very pleased to announce that Pride of Carthage has just been nominated for a Legacy Award from the Zora Neale Hurston/Richard Wright Foundation! I'm very, very happy about this. It's the only award out there wherein African-American writers honor their own. Now, I won't know who the final winners are until November, when there's a big ceremony with lots of folks and a bit of drama. There will be drama, I'm sure. I'm up there with some authors I really respect.

The other nominees are: Joplin's Ghost by Tananarive Due, The Untelling by Tayari Jones, Dancing in the Dark by Caryl Phillips, My Jim by Nancy Rawles, Third Girl from the Left by Martha Southgate.

Here's a link... 2006 Legacy Award

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home