Monday, August 15, 2011

Acacia Portugal!

So, some good news from overseas! The Portuguese publisher Saida de Emergencia - who were already on board to publish The War With The Mein and The Other Lands - have just signed on for The Sacred Band: Book Three of the Acacia Trilogy, too! I'm thrilled. A publisher with gumption! With faith! Just jump in an buy all the books like you mean it! I couldn't be happier about it. (The same can't be said for all publishers, alas.)

The first Acacia comes out this month, and the rest will be spaced out reasonably, I imagine. Here's the cover, another revision of the first German cover:

It's funny the way they use GRRM's name on the front. Kinda makes it look like George wrote the blurb. He didn't. In fact, it's a quote from Library Journal comparing me to GRRM. Of course, I've got no problem with that at all...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jussi said...

Mr Durham, do you have any news about the UK publication of The Sacred Band?

4:44 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Jussi,

I wish I did. My British publisher has been dragging their feet. I think my editor is supportive, but the number crunchers are complaining that The Other Lands didn't sell as many copies as they wanted. The verdict is still out on whether they're going to bite or not, but the delay isn't a good sign.

I wish I had better news, especially as I'm sitting in the Boston airport ready to catch my flight to the UK - to live for a while! The irony...

If you could help sell a few more copies of TOL in the UK that might help. Or, just buy the US edition. ;)

6:02 PM  
Anonymous A Shadow Falls said...

I just read about this over at a dribble of ink and was concerned about getting a copy in the UK without paying a fortune in shipping. A quick googling found it on Amazon.co.uk, with free shipping no less, so while it's not great regarding your publisher, at least us loyal UK based fans will be able to read it!

Hope this helps.

10:53 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Yes, that UK failure to launch is disappointing. I should probably blog about it, since other good folks have already done so. You're right, though, that it's perfectly easy to get the US version in the UK via Amazon - and that presumably means no customs fees!

I hate that it won't be in Waterstones etc, but... thank you, at least, for carrying through with. That's a huge help. And one extra sale of the US copy is a boast for me with my primary publisher. So, thank you.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home