Tuesday, August 09, 2011

A Ray Of Light

Gloom, gloom, gloom. There's so much to be gloomy about. As I'm packing up the house and readying for my move, I've been listening to NPR pretty much constantly. Shouldn't do that. It's great news, but... well, the news is rather grim and discouraging in lots of ways.

As a writer, publishing news has been pretty dismal the last few years as well. That's why I'm particularly pleased by this article in the New York Times: Publishing Gives Hints of Revival, Data Show. It seems publishing is on the mend, some of that rocky transition to e-books has been made, and - folks - things are looking up!

A quote from the article: “It shows that the industry as a whole is really healthy,” Ms. Raccah said. “That, I think, is exciting. You’re seeing an industry that is transforming itself.”

Good news. How about that?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger M Harold Page said...

Thank God! I'm about to sign with an agent and was starting to feel like I'd turned up at the party in time to get busted.

9:28 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Congrats on the agent. And worry not. At least, not any more than before...

The industry is going through change, that's for sure, but I've never been one that thought that somehow the novel is dead or anything like that. It's not a corpse. It's just shifting shape a bit.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home