Friday, October 02, 2009

Portuguese Acacia Books!

I've got a Portuguese deal for Acacia: The War with the Mein and The Other Lands (Acacia, Book 2)!

The publisher is Saida de Emergencia. A quick glance at their website shows me that I'm there with authors like George RR Martin, Mervin Peake, Guy Gavriel Kay, Harry Turtledove, Robin Hobb, Dan Simmons and Tim Powers, just to name a few.

I had a different Portuguese publisher for Pride of Carthage, so this will be a new experience. Here's hoping it's a good one (and that it eventually leads to a visit to Portugal or Brazil - I'd love that!).

Very happy about this.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Ethan Iktho said...

And, by the way, the French version of "The Other Lands" has been published on the 1rst of October.

With a real nice cover you've all already seen.

And I'm sure it's gonna be a big hit there.

8:54 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

I very much hope you're right. ;)

5:58 PM  
Blogger Dars & Bat said...

I'm Brazilian, educated in the U.S. and will definitely recommend the Acacia books to all my friends and family back home. I finished "The Other Lands" today, even though I just started reading it last night, and WOW! I just couldn't put it down. I deeply appreciated the complexity and moral ambiguity throughout, it's fascinating. And I love that, for once, I'm not sure whether I'm for or against the protagonists, the Acacians, especially Corinne. She's so human! Great job, really!! I can't wait until the third installment comes out!

4:02 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Wonderful to hear that! I know not everyone loves Corinn, but I still do. She's human indeed, flawed but trying.

It might be a little while before the Portuguese translation is available, but please do let your family know. I'd much appreciate it!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous sara said...

Nice post.It should have been translated in different languages.Very informative.French translation or in any translation it would be a blast.Translating book shows the rich blend of knowledge and culture in a society.It is important that books written in a foreign language since it helps one to get acquainted with the thoughts, traditions, principles and actions of the people from the region.

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home