Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Which Science Fiction Writer Are You?

So, a random thing I've had in my blog queue for a while. Might as well roll it out now since I'm driving across this great nation of ours. (That's the US I'm talking about.)

I am:
Ursula K. LeGuin
Perhaps the most admired writing talent in the science fiction field.

Yes, I'll admit it. I am Ursula. At least, that was the verdict after I took this online survey. Hey, I dig that outcome. I even wrote her a long gushing letter a few years back about how much of an influence she was on me, etc. Didn't hear back. But I'd send it again - since it's true.

But that's me. Which science fiction writer are you?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Steven Till said...

I took the same quiz a couple of days ago and posted the results on my blog as well. I was Ursula too. I thought the test was pretty accurate in regards to my personality and certain themes in my writing.

http://steventill.com/2009/06/16/which-fantasy-writer-are-you/

10:01 AM  
Blogger Bryan Russell said...

I am... somebody I've never heard of. Which is saying something, since I own a bookstore. Well, that first statement is an exaggeration. I've heard the name, but that's about it. I'm... Hal Clement! Is that good?

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Elrohir said...

I've just taken the test, I'm most like David Eddings and also a lot like J R R Tolkien, not bad and near enough to my personality.

1:50 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Steven,

"I was Ursula too" should be a rallying cry for a certain type of fantasist. I dig it.

Ink,

I don't know Hal Clement's work myself, but... ah... I'm sure it's good. Does make me wonder how contemporary their database of possibilities is, though. Could you end up being someone a bit younger, or are the authorial choices from an older generation?

Elrohir,

Am I wrong, or didn't David Eddings see a copy of a LOTRs in a store one time and say, "That old thing is still around?" And then decide to write his own fantasy. I may have heard that on Wikipedia...

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Steven Till said...

"I was Ursula too." Double-dig.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home