Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hugo Artshow

So here's a category of Hugo nominees that I don't know much about, but that I'm quite interested in: Best Artist. I was checking them all out myself, and realized that I might as well put up some quick links up for your viewing pleasure. So that's what I'm offering here, a link to the nominees' website, and then three images. I've no idea if I picked representative images from each of them. I just grabbed ones that jumped out to me. Maybe old, maybe new. I don't know. But take a look. Tell me what you think.

Who do you fancy? And by that I mean which artist, not which subject of said artist...

Daniel Dos Santos



Bob Eggleton



Donato Giancola



John Picacio



Last but not least, Shaun Tan...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bryan Russell said...

I've seen Shaun Tan's stuff before, and really liked it. Really interesting style. I thought John Picacio's stuff very fascinating as well. Detail, lots of movement, lots of subtlety, very striking colour and images, great mood... For me, it would definitely be between those two if I happened to have a vote. Now, choosing between them...

My best,
Bryan Russell

10:58 AM  
Blogger Tia Nevitt said...

I liked the other two best. Dos Santos because of the great detail without clutter, and Giancola because of the great faces and expressions.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Mark Lavallee said...

I'm fairly perplexed by Daniel Dos Santos's stuff to be completely honest. I mean, why would anyone be working on a Honda? Isn't it just as cheap to buy one as it is to fix one?

:) I'm playing! Good stuff all. I really like the Griffin and the baby Dragon, it reminds me of my two dogs when we brought the young one home as a puppy. I think he and the older one stayed in this position for a while discussing the finer qualities of just "who's" house this really is.

6:46 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Interesting that the three of you so far have managed to state a preference for each of the five artists. Interesting. Makes me wonder if this category is usually a close vote or not. I'm not sure, but I'll pay attention this year and see.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home