Thursday, April 09, 2009

For You Sad Bastards

I don't know much about this journal, but I like the spirit of this. The Marginalia literary journal wants to commiserate with you on rejection - as well as give you a wee present for it. Here's what they're offering...

"Nobody likes rejection, but every rejection gets you one step closer to publication—we mean it! For a limited time,
Marginalia is offering a Sad Bastard discount: send us ANY 10 of your rejection slips and a dollar, and we'll mail you an issue of Marginalia for your perusal."

Here's the link.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger slkcivil said...

Ha! I like it. ;-)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Corby Kennard said...

What's sad is I only have about three rejection slips.

The sad part is I only sent it out three times.

FYI - I've got two stories being "published" shortly. One horror and one scifi. I'm not being paid for them, which would make Scalzi pee himself in anger, but they aren't really worth paying for anyway. maybe later on, when I do a collection, I can put them in it. For now, I'm just happy people are going to be able to read them.

1:17 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Paranoyd,

Only three rejections? You slacker! Come on, go for a few more!

Congrats on the publications. Where will they be?

11:44 AM  
Blogger Corby Kennard said...

Drops of Crimson: http://gothhuntress.com/crimson/homepage.html

Kalkion SF: http://kalkion.com/

Here's where I have stories coming out. One horror, one scifi.

11:34 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Very nice.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Corby Kennard said...

To follow up, the first edition of Kalkion is up, and I'm in it. I happen to like this story, although it has its flaws. Its a bit too brief and telly where it should be slightly more fleshed out and showy, and vice versa.

That said, it is a cool concept, and a fairly quick read. I wrote it with the line "I found love at the end of the world." running through my head. It all came out through that.

Also, 3700 words on my book. Slow going, but going. I'm trying for 500 - 750 words a day. I getthat many when I write, but I'm not writing every day. That's the next goal.

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home