Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jim C. Hines and the Stepsisters

A couple years back now I had the pleasure of meeting Jim C Hines at the Fantasy Matters Conference in Minnesota. He's a great guy, very funny and a pleasure to be around.

At that point in time he had a series of Jig the Goblin novels out, but he read from a then forthcoming novel that twists some traditional fairy tales into quirky, decidedly modern sounding creations. It was clever, sharp and a good laugh.

I recently realized that book, The Stepsister Scheme, is actually out now, the first of a new series. Thought I'd mention it. By description, it's not an obvious book for me, but that's what's nice about cons. You meet folks and get exposed to things you wouldn't otherwise.

Here's his LiveJournal.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Child of Albion said...

Jim Hines writes such delightfully eclectic novels.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't read the book but the basic premise remember me of Fables, Bill Willingham's comic series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fables_(comics)

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A really delightful and conscientious writer. So helpful to others, and so dedicated.

*thumbs up*

8:56 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Child of Albion,

Yes, he does!

Stephe,

Are you talking about Jim Hines? Or... me?

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Sorry about that. I was talking about Jim.

But, in re-reading my words, I realize you two are very much alike. (He didn't give me Shetland, though! ;)

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home