Friday, February 20, 2009

Hurray for Spain!

This is another bit of cool foreign language news. The Spanish publisher of Pride of Carthage (Anibal, el orgullo de Cartago), has just bought the rights to Acacia. I'm thrilled by that. I'd been waiting for a Spanish sale, hoping, dreaming...

I knew Ediciones B did well with Anibal, but they didn't jump immediately at Acacia. It's tough to sell the rights to a series with only one book actually out. I think what happened is that another published did jump, and that prodded Ediciones B to jump a bit higher. Oh, it might have helped that they heard the second book was done, also. So very glad to hear it.

This feels especially nice because several Spanish-language readers of Anibal have asked if there would be a translation of Acacia. I can now happily say that there will be. It could be 18 months before it appears in the world. But it's coming!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felicidades! I really liked that book.

9:59 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Glad to hear it.

You know, I've always wondered what the Spanish translation was like. It managed to make it onto several bestseller lists. Here's hoping they make the same thing happen with Acacia!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news. I'd actually be able read this translation :)

I like the cover a lot!

7:15 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Stevent,

Thank you. Glad that you're a Spanish reader! Maybe you can let me know how good the translations are?

I should clarify that the cover image with this post is for their Hannibal book, not for the Acacia one to come. You probably noticed that, but my wife was just looking at it seeming perplexed...

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so marking out for that COVER. *droooool*

Oh yeah, congrats! LOL

10:46 PM  
Blogger Brendan McGinley said...

That cover is gorgeous.

6:49 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thanks. It pulled a few readers in, I'm glad to say. :)

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home