Monday, February 16, 2009

Hannibal Marches On Romania?

It pays to look over your royalty statements from time to time. I feel like each time I do I discover something new...

Something prompted me to take a look at the last statement for Pride of Carthagerecently, and guess what I noticed?

Unless I'm reading the thing wrong, Pride of Carthage has been published (or will be published) in Romanian! The publisher is the RAO Publishing Group. I can find little info about them on the internet, but...

I think this is them.

Beyond that, no, I can't actually prove to you that I'm big in Romania. You'll have to use your imagination.

How could I not know this already? Uh... Well, I don't know. Doubleday is part of Random House. Random House is huge. Some things just sort of slip through the cracks in terms of somebody at my publisher realizing they have or haven't told me about something. I guess this was one of those cases. Also, the advance wasn't... uh... much. Not enough to really attract anyone's attention.

But, hey, who cares how many lei I'm raking in? (That's Romanian for money, by the way.) The point is my characters are getting to have a Romanian life! That's fun.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how does it feel to be world-wild-ly known ?

I guess it's quite a feeling.

And a good one, no guess.

Best from France

4:23 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Ah, yes, but alas... my Hannibal has yet to march on France!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No doubt your Hannibal would get past the Pyrenees alright,

with a little help from your friends !

8:27 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Wow...that's impressive!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sort of like coming home, walking into your diningroom, having the lights come on and the familia shout "Surprise!" with a cake in their hands, huh? Maybe just a little?

Very interesting. Good for you!

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it seems it takes more than elephants to get your Hannibal translated into French. By the way, I hope you received more than one "leu", the plural form being "lei".

11:23 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Jose,

Thank you for that. I'll make the change. Yes, I did get more than a single leu. A little more...

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome David. It's always a pleasure to read your blog.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home