Friday, February 15, 2008

Looking for an Agent? I Know Just the Person...

I've just learned some very good news. Colleen Lindsay (aka La Gringa) has jumped from one side of the literary desk to the other. She's an agent now! She's just accepted an offer from FinePrint Literary Management, and she'll be handling science fiction, fantasy and graphic novels.

This is very good news for writers in those fields. I've known Colleen since last spring, when she signed on as my publicist for Acacia: The War with the Mein. She was - for Doubleday and me - the expert advocate we needed to navigate into a new genre. She did a freaking great job, and has a share in any success Acacia has had - or will yet have, really. She knows her stuff. She's tireless, connected, enthusiastic, and pretty darn funny as well. Her cats seem to boss her around a bit, but that doesn't often effect her work.

So... looking for an agent? Make sure to write some good stuff first, and then give her a call...

Here's the GalleyCat entry on it.

And here's a link to FinePrint Literary Management.

Oh, and here's one to LaGringa's blog: Swivet!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger clindsay said...

Thanks for the shout-out, sir!

:-)

And it was easy to promote your book, because you wrote a damned fine one!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Temporel said...

Hehe it sounds easily said when you talk about it David.

I wished I had written in english to give it a try though ;) but well I'll keep rereading and rereading my story first. (how long did rereads took you btw? )

Otherwhise I wish the best of luck to your friend and it's great to know how a great job she did helping you with Acacia. so good luck to you finding new pearls! :)

2:39 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

La Gringa,

Pats on the back all around, then!

Sa Avenger,

I used to revise and edit very heavily. My first published novel, Gabriel's Story, didn't take a long time to write, but I did some serious revision and cutting. Actually, the novel is 100k words. I have another document of stuff I cut out of it that's also 100k!

Nowadays, I do a lot more of the revision sort of stuff the first time through. There comes a day when I reach the end of a novel, type THE END, and at that point it's pretty much done. It goes on to the editor, and we go back and forth on it a bit. I'm not sure how to quantify how long all this takes. Longer than it should - but I'm patient. Kind of.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous yadongbiz said...

Great delivery. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the great work. Keep posting such kind of information on your site. 야한동영상

Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
야설
야한동영상

7:15 AM  
Anonymous yahanvideonet said...

Your style is so unique in comparison to other folks I have read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I’ll just book mark this site. 일본야동

Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
한국야동
일본야동

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home