Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Fantasy Magazine Recommended Fantasy Read of 2007

Some more kind folks (insightful readers, of course) have given Acacia: The War with the Mein some love. Fantasy Magazine calls my little book "A truly epic fantasy - or rather the beginning of one — with a rich world and nuanced characters. Superbly written." I'd say that endorsement is "superbly written" as well. Thank you, Paula Guran.

I'm also pleased to link to a new interview I did recently. It's over at Elbakin.net. It just happens to be in French, but if you read that language (or just like to pretend you do) you can check it out here. Actually, they have an English version, too. That you can see here.

Oh, and Anika at WriteBlack included Acacia on WriteBlack's Best of 2007 also. Thank you, Anika.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

Awesome news! I'm so glad your book is still getting the attention it deserves. I can't wait for part 2! ;D

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We mentioned you again today in our discussion about PoC in fantasy literature. (You may have caught on that a bunch of us there really like your book...)

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be so helpful if I provided a link...

12:14 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Hi Meghan, and thank you! I can't wait for Part 2 either. I wish I'd get my butt in gear and finish it!

Tempest, thank you, thank you. That's quite a round table discussion you had there. Good one, though. As much as I've always felt the absence of people of color in the fantasy it's encouraging to find that there really are more people out there than I knew of a year or so ago. Kinda encouraging...

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have said it was one of the five best books I read this year unless it actually was!

Now I'm looking forward to the next one...

And thanks for the mention!

11:37 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Anika,

My pleasure. I'll do what I can on that next one as well...

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home