Sunday, December 11, 2011

Colors, Colours...

My daughter, Maya, every now and then gives us little glimpses of her life outside of our house. Tonight she mentioned that the kids in her school - the Breadalbane Academy in Aberfeldy, Scotland - don't know much about America. (Weird that, considering... um, what's on tv over here.)

Apparently, she mentioned that she lived in California for a while. True enough. It got her a barrage of questions.

Question: "Were you in a gang?"

Answer: "A gang? No."

Question: "Did you have a gun?"

Answer: "What? No!"

Question: "Did your dad have a gun?..."

It went on like that for a while. By the end of it, I doubt any of them believed she actually lived in Cali at all...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Josiah Jubilee said...

LOL

I lived in Cali for fifteen years or so and to be honest more people have guns here in Colorado then back there. Like 50 percent more i'd say at least.

That's hilarious.

2:24 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Yeah, it gave me a good chuckle. If they think she could have been in a gang, I wonder what they think of me?

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home