Saturday, September 05, 2009

These Things Can Book

I'm just saying. Look at these guys. Like resting monsters....

These trains are fast and furious. I rode them the first time last spring. I was so delirious on my first ride from Paris to Epinal that I hardly noticed. Someone asked me if I'd been on high speed train and I was like, "Oh... I don't know. I didn't notice..."

But I paid attention coming back. It doesn't feel like it's going that fast. It's not loud or jolting or anything, but then again the landscape is slipping by at about 200 miles per hour. And then when you catch a view of a motorway running parallel and see how you zip by the cars like they're not even moving... Yep, I was impressed.

High speed rail in America? Duh. Of course. Let's get on with it!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Corby Kennard said...

Yeah, these trains are cool. I took one from Toulon to Paris and back. It was hellafun.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Mark Lavallee said...

I'd ride them just to ride them - like around a track of some kind.

12:21 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

"Hellafun." That's the word I was looking for to describe them.

Jax, just make sure that a very long track. You know, lots of time to make the turn.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home