Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Other Lands REVIEWED!

Rick Kleffel has just kicked things off for The Other Lands (Acacia, Book 2) with and awesome review at The Agony Column. In the Sept 1st entry, he reviews my book along with Kate Elliott's Traitors' Gate (Crossroads), and he loved them both!

Among other things he said about The Other Lands...

"Durham has a singular voice in fantasy, and it is, as one might expect, well-informed by his historical writing. There's a sophistication and clarity here that will enable readers to fully immerse in Durham's psychologically and morally complex story of magic, monsters and conquest... Great writing, complicated characters, moral and social woes that echo our own world in an imaginative fashion — this is what fantasy is all about. It's not about escape. It's about perspective."

I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you, Mr. Kleffel.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Jamey Stegmaier said...

I cannot wait for this to be released. Seriously. I have a feeling it's going to be the kind of book I'm going to want to spend the entire weekend with (in a completely platonic way, of course).

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. :-)

11:19 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thank you. Thank you! :)

12:30 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Amazing! Congrats. Can't wait to read it. :D

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Illia said...

Congrats. Only a few days left before we can get our hands on it. It is always nice to see some good reviews before a release. I can only imagine how you feel as an author when you find these.

For me the book will be a nice distraction from my academic mainstays and tutoring. Can't wait!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Kate Elliott said...

Pretty cool, huh?

11:13 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Kate,

Super cool. I'm so glad to share the review with you!

-David.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Kate Sheeran Swed said...

Congrats! I can't wait to read it!!

12:13 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thanks, Kate,

I hope you like it!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home