Saturday, September 06, 2008

A Few Foreign Friends...

I just noticed this post on the Italian version of Pride of Carthage on the blog È TEMPO DI SCRIVERE: blog di sopravvivenza mentale. I could be wrong, but it sounds like he liked the book and mostly described what it's about - including thematically. Nice to know it's still being read, even in Italy!

Also, Liath, who was nice enough to comment on my last post, has written a review on Fantasy Faszination. It's in German, and from what I can gather some very nice things get said!

One of the most interesting things I've done recently was a video interview for my French publisher, Le Pre Aux Clercs. The book comes out there next month, and they're continuing to build for what looks like a really wonderful launch. For this interview, I had to get my Skype account all up and running. I set up my desk in the backyard, took the call and spent about 45 minutes speaking to a gentleman from Paris, Jean-Christophe. It was great fun. We even talked politics and the coming US election, although he assured me that won't be used in the final video. Once they edit it and put if French subtitles, they'll embed it on the French website for the book, which should be going online soon. I'll let you when it does. And, yes, that will be a first for me. A foreign language website devoted to my work! I'm thrilled.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And just like that--voila--Amazon #s 39 and 40 have been nicely trounced yet AGAIN.

Bwahahahaha!

Nice going, David.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the review is focused on the content of the book, with particular attention to how the realistic and historically faithful description of people and events manage to depict the war as an irreparable tragedy, in the end futile because everybody lose, including the "winners."

The user in the first comment is asking which sources did you use.

8:05 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thanks, Stephe.

And thanks for that translation information, Giacomo. I do list the main books I used in an afterword that's included in the book. All titles in English, though...

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home