Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mini Update

Just so you know, a few weeks back I sent my agent and my editor what I'm calling "half" of The Other Lands (Acacia, Book 2). The chapters (seventeen of them) had received a thumbs up from my wife. She's my first reader always, but it was time to go to the next level...

Good news is I've heard back from them both. Positive. Apparently, I'm not crazy. (Author cackles strangely in a way that puts that assertion in doubt.) So far, the book doesn't suck. (Phew!) My editor commented "that old ACACIA magic is casting its spell once again. You really do beasties better than just about anybody." My agent said, "I am nearly done with the new set of pages and am loving them. The very cool battle scenes with these massive creatures particularly quicken my pulse..."

Oh, have I mentioned that this one includes beasties and massive creatures? Well, it does, and they're on the stage much sooner than the Antoks got into The War With the Mein.

Bad news is... Hah, there wasn't any bad news! I'm still a long way from finished, but that's not bad news. It's just reality.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Corby Kennard said...

I'm still looking forward to reading Acacia. Hopefully I'll win a copy.:)

BTW, I gave you a shout out on my review of The Terror on Amazon. Not that anyone reads my reviews, but it's there.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Mark Lavallee said...

I read your reviews, if you're reviewing something I'm thinking about buying. I read all the amazon reviews before I buy a book; I don't trust Publisher's Weekly or whoever does the "paid book review".

David, Way cool news on the first "half" of the book! Now, if you need a fourth opinion, my address is... ;)

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to read the finished product!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Awesome news, and I'm still looking foward to your other work as well. It's going to be awesome.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

that's FANTASTIC news! i can't wait to read it. in the meantime, i think i'll read some of your older stuff, like 'gabriel's story'.

9:40 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Hello,

Thanks so much. It's also great to hear that some of my earlier books will get new readers. Please do give them a look. They're different, but I remain very proud of them - the early two just as much as Pride of Carthage.

Paranoyd,

Nice review. And thanks for the mention in it. Nice that you linked to my books, too. Makes my titles come up in a variety of ways on Mr. Simmons' review pages! I don't know what he'd think about that, but I dig it.

-David.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home