Thursday, November 01, 2007

Audio Acacia Contest Winner!

I'm about to head off for World Fantasy, but before I did I knew we had to have the big, official drawing for the Acacia Audiobook contest. So, documented below is the process, culminating in the winner!

Just to make sure all parties know of the procedures used, we've documented the proceedings. Thankfully, unofficial mediators - my kids - oversaw the drawing. First, we printed out the contestants names and put them on separate tickets.

Next, my son, Sage, placed the tickets into a bag...











And he shook them...
...vigorously... while making goofy faces.My daughter Maya stepped in to draw the lucky winner...















And that turned out to be...
So there you have it. Dave Bower, it's your lucky day! Kind of ironic, really, as Dave was the first person to sign up on the Forum. Well done. I'll be in touch.

Thanks to all the folks that participated. And thanks for joining the Forum to do so. Please feel free to come back to it and hang out anytime. I'm always happy to field questions there personally. Perhaps, in a little while I'll do another one of these giveaways, with some other random item...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should have bribed Sage.....Damn!
Nick/Bretty

3:56 PM  
Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

Cute kids.

Congrats to Dave. I didn't enter because while I can see audiobooks are useful for some people, they don't work for me.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Constance Brewer said...

I love the 'goofy' face on Sage. :)

Congratulations to Dave B. Hope you enjoy your audiobook of Acacia. Even if it's not in Welsh...

6:23 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thanks, Gabriele.

Constance, if Sage could make a career out of his goofy face skills he'd be set for success already.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home