Friday, July 20, 2007

Heading for the Top...


No, not of the bestseller charts. Not yet, at least. This is just a wee note to say that the Durham family is about to embark on a fabulous weekend. The car is packed and we're heading into Sequoia National Park for a backcountry camping trip! We'll be hiking in to a high lake at around 9000 feet, close to the stars. Yes, this does mean I'll be missing up-to-the-moment Potter updates. I'm okay with that, though. Instead, we'll read aloud from The Hobbit and enjoy alpine silence, play cards and talk and go marmot spotting. Awesome. I'll check back in when I get back.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tia Nevitt said...

Sounds lovely. Makes me miss primitive camping along the the Mogollon Rim in Arizona.

6:02 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Hi Tia,

It was lovely. By the way, I know the Mogollon Rim. Right out of high school I headed to Prescott College to study outdoor education and recreation. I wasn't there for long, but I packed in a lot of camping, hiking, climbing and canyoneering while I was in Arizona. Beautiful, diverse country in so many ways.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home