Thursday, June 14, 2007

Before Noon...

I'd started this as a post about the good stuff that had happened so far today - before 10 in the morning - but another great thing happpened and I just had to include it.

So before 10am I had this to say...

I woke up to find an email from a Spanish publisher in my inbox, asking for contact info for my foreign rights people. Who knows? The Spanish version of Pride of Carthage had a short stint in bestsellerdom. Maybe it'll happen for Acacia too. Fingers crossed.

An add went up on Locus Online today.

Also noticed that Wotmania is doing a giveaway contest. Free signed copies of Acacia available!

And I got a look at an interactive map that Laethyn, one of the guys that helps out with my Forum, is designing. It's very cool. You can scroll over a close-up of the map and information pops up about the different areas and cities. It might be a little while before it's up and running, but I'm glad it's in the making. The Forum is very new, by the way, and very welcoming to new members. There's a handful of great folks over there at the moment. Please check it out.

Oh, and my verification came through that my posts will feed directly to the Amazon pages of my books. Haven't seen that working as of when I'm writing this, but maybe it'll pop up there soon.

Between 10 and noon, though, I got a glimpse of the review that'll be running in the new Entertainment Weekly...

I'm the lead book review! It's very positive and includes a big old picture of me. It's the EW Pick, actually! I'm thrilled. I'll put in a link when it's available - probably tomorrow. They call it a “thrilling new fantasy”, featuring “a host of deliciously self-interested parties jostling for power and resources”. It says a lot of stuff that’s music to my ears, but I should mention that later in the review there is one spoiler. So if you’re already going to buy the book you might not want to read the whole thing.

It was a very good morning.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger clindsay said...

Er, um --- kind of a major and HUGE spoiler, too. But I confess to doing a little dance in the hallowed halls of Doubleday Books when I saw that. :-)

5:21 PM  
Blogger Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

Can't wait to pick up Acacia!

4:16 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

SCW,

Glad to hear it. I hope you like.

DAD.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say how excited I am about Acacia! I started the review in EW, but stopped for fear of spoilers (I've learned my lessen, EW!), yet I was very intrigued. THen, in Borders, I read in a Sci-Fi magazine that suggested reading Acacia once the final Harry Potter comes out. My wife is making me wait for my bday (late July) before I can get Acacia, so until then I'll wait... impatiently!

8:07 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Hey Dean,

Thanks for that. The book will be just as crisp and new come late July. No worries there. I'm glad you stopped before completing the EW review, though. I absolutely love the review. I'm crazy-thankful, but if you read it paying any attention at all there is a spoiler near the end that's a doozy. Is this something EW does often? I'm not complaining, just warning folks.

And I'm getting some post-Potter play? I'll take that happily.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed it was (August, Transformers cover). In the Harry Potter section, it suggests 4 (I believe) book series that the Harry Potter fans should turn to once they finish book 7.

As for EW, I just don't like knowing ANY of the story going in, and especially in movie reviews, they tend to give away parts of storylines. Personal preference. Great magazine, though. And I anticipate a GREAT book! I'm already jazzed for book TWO! ;-)

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home