Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Locus, Baby!

A few years back, when I was about to embark on a large epic fantasy project called Acacia: The War with the Mein, I decided I needed to educate myself on the current state of the SF genre. One of the ways I did this was to access my local library's (Hurrah for the Western MA system!) back issues of Locus magazine. For months I'd go in and grab ten at a time, taking them home and reading, month by month, reviews and articles and publishing announcements and advertisements and, most notably, author interviews.

I recall once sitting in the parking lot at a local nursery while my wife went in to pick plants, reading an interview with a guy named George RR Martin, thinking, "I dig what this guy says. I gotta read him sometime..."

Fast forward a few years, friends, and I'm very, very pleased to find myself interviewed in Locus! HERE's info on the issue.

I'm thrilled. Thank you, Locus!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Steven Till said...

Very cool. Congrats David.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll check it out.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home