Saturday, October 24, 2009

Anybody Seen This Woman?


I'm just wondering because it's starting to seem like she's famous. The woman in question is, of course, my wife Gudrun. She's a knitwear designer and the talent behind the increasingly popular The Shetland Trader blog.

Things have been going well with her blog for a little while now, but recently her designs have really taken off, with people from all over the place buying her patterns and talking them up on the internet. Not only does she get mobbed at fiber-related conventions, but nowadays she's getting recognized... on the street in Northampton... in the checkout line at Whole Foods (which happened today)... in random places wherein people come up and say, "I just had to say how much I love your designs" or "Can I take a picture with you?"

I'm not sure that I can claim to be the celeb of the family anymore...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Robinette Kowal said...

She makes me want to learn to knit so I can have pretty things.

8:08 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Me too. (I won't, but every now and then I think about it.)

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home