Monday, May 04, 2009

Prix Imaginales

My trip to France just got a boost. You may know I'm heading to Imaginales in Epinal, France, next week. To that information I'd add that they give their own awards at the conference, the Prix Imaginales. I'd further mention that they have a category for translated novels. And... (you can tell this is leading somewhere, right?) ...I just found out I'm one of the five finalists in that category! Oh my.

And make no mistake, I'm in there with some grown ups...

ROMAN ETRANGER TRADUIT
Steve Cockayne, Legendes du pays, Tome 1 : Vagabonds et insulaires, trad. Michele Charrier, Pygmalion
David Anthony Durham, Acacia, Tome 1 : La guerre du Mein, trad. Thierry Arson, Le Pre au Clerc
Swordspoint, A la pointe de l'epee : un melodrame d'honneur, trad. Patrick Marcel, Calmann-Levy
Ian McDonald, Roi du matin, reine du jour, trad. Jean-Pierre Pugi, Denoel

Terry Pratchett, Les annales du disque monde, Tome 30 : Timbre, trad. Patrick Couton, L'Atalante

Are you kidding me? I'm on a shortlist for anything with Terry Pratchett? With Ian McDonald and Ellen Kushner? Okay, I don't know Steve Cockayne's work yet, but I'll take a look now. Wow... Have I mentioned that I really like France?

Here's the full announcement at ActuSF.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

That's so awesome. Congrats!

7:21 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thanks, Meghan! It's definitely made my day.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Greg said...

Congratulations, David, that's great. As you say, any list with Pratchett is automatically impressive!

10:53 PM  
Blogger slkcivil said...

I agree with Greg; that's exactly what I thought when I read it and then re-read to make sure. Very cool! Way to go David! :-]

3:26 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Yes, loosing to Terry Pratchett is fine by me! ;)

11:44 AM  
Blogger slkcivil said...

No one said anything about loosing! Either way though, it's a win win. But, you were just a bit humble in class when you mentioned "up for an award" without having elaborated... ;-) It's nice to get to witness firsthand a professor who is not just teaching, but doing, succeeding, and being rewarded, AND remaining humble...Very cool indeed! Safe travels next week!

4:35 AM  
Blogger Aliette de Bodard said...

You are in fine, fine company, but having finally read (and enjoyed) Acacia, I'm not in the least surprised. Congrats!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Mark Lavallee said...

Wow very cool! Congrats and good luck!

Have a great trip!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home