Sunday, August 05, 2012

Liternational Contest

Hey, so a weird thing happened. This online magazine, Liternational, asked me if I would be a judge for their fiction contest. I looked them over, corresponded for a bit, and said yes. It's a very new mag, but they look serious and ambitious. I like that.

Weird thing is that once I was on board they asked if they could name the contest after me. That gave me pause. Like... really? You know I'm not dead, right?

I was worried that it would presumptuous of me to accept such an honor, but they talked me into it. There's another judge on the nonfiction side of things, Kristen Iverson, so I'm not alone.

Anyway, if you've got some fiction you'd like to toss into the mix please do. Deadline is soon. I think they're quite open in terms of genre, from literary to work that's in other genres. In fact, I know that they began thinking they'd be mainly literary, but then found that some of the best stuff people were submitting was sff! Go figure. ;)

Sounds like they have a lot of submissions, too, so it's the real deal. No submission fees or any crap like that. So... what's the worst that could happen?

Well, you could win, I guess, and then have my name attached to yours forever! (Picture me cackling.) Details are HERE.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home