Monday, July 26, 2010

A Little Bit Of Traveling

So I drove the family two hours to Boston. Parked. Boarded a plane. Flew overnight six hours to Ireland. Changed planes. Flew on a paper airplane to Scotland. Got picked up by my brother in law, Sorley, who drove us three hours north to Aberdeen. Boarded a ferry. Sailed overnight for Shetland. Woke up in the morning, disembarked, drove winding roads out to my father in law's cottage in Bousta.

Ah... we're here!

Gudrun has photos up at her blog, The Shetland Trader. It's going to a good three weeks...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger anniem said...

And I thought driving to Minnesota to visit the in-laws was a trek...

9:36 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

I tell you. There are many wonderful aspects to an international marriage, but it does require an increased stamina for family-related travel.

But, hey, yesterday I hung out by a lighthouse watching puffins in the wild. You can't do that just anyplace!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home