Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Amazon's Top 10 Books of 2009: Science Fiction & Fantasy

Amazon.com just released it's editor's choices of the top books of the year. (Credit goes to io9 for alerting me to this.) Within that, they have a list featuring their top SFF books. Guess who's on it?

Well... Ah... Cherie Priest. (Lovely person with what sounds like a terrific book.) Catherynne Valente. (Wonderful.) Jonathan Strahan. (Very nice chap.) Caitlin R. Kiernan. (Don't know her, but I'm sure she's lovely.) Peter Straub (Just heard him on NPR, sounds cool enough.)

Ah... and David Anthony Durham! The Other Lands (Acacia, Book 2) is at number 3 (not that the numerical order necessarily counts). I'm rather chuffed about this. I don't know if I'll be making any other end of the year lists, but I've made one - and a rather substantial one! I can now kick back and sit on my bum and enjoy my success for a year or two...

Not! I've got work to do. Don't worry, I'm on it!

Check out the list. It's interesting. A number of titles I hadn't heard of at all...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Illia said...

Congrats as you deserve the accolades. I plowed through the Otherlands and am disappointed in that I have to wait for the resolution.

Kind of amusing though is that I was really looking at Boneshaker when I went to the bookstore last week. It looked very interesting in the way that it would turn out awesome or be a train wreck. The more I look at that book, the more it seems like I ought to pick that one up.

4:34 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Illia,

Thanks so much for reading TOL. Sorry it'll be a while for the next one, but it's coming. It's definitely coming!

I haven't read Boneshaker yet, but I'm looking forward to at some point.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home