Thursday, April 19, 2007

Elf Fantasy Time


As I write this my bags are packed and my passport close at hand. The Elf Fantasy Fair has finally come around. In a couple hours I'll be heading to the Netherlands for a weekend of elvish things, with a bit of Hannibal-related stuff thrown in. I'm counting on it being a good time. It's the biggest fantasy event in Europe. Should be thousands of people there, many of them showing their stranger sides. There's also going to be a mock battle between Carthaginians and Romans. Maybe I'll grab a sword and get into it. We'll see...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

Have fun.

If you have some time left, try to go to the Roman park in Xanten. it's on the German side of the Rhine but close to the border.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Scott Oden said...

"Roma delenda est!"

I check out their website and that looks to be a cool gathering! Have a safe trip!

We must have pics of the hotter elves . . . :)

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed the fair. Did you get to fight in the battle on Sunday? You really looked good in period dress. :) I must say that for me your talk was one of the highlights of Saturday. So the people who were there enjoyed it! And I'm looking forward to your fantasy novels.

if you are interested I did take some pictures during the talk on Saturday.

Mieke

5:31 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Mieke,

Thanks for writing. I did have a great time in the battle. I was so tired ahead of time, but once I got in with my barbarian horde I woke right up! It was great fun.

And thanks for coming to my talk. Small crowds are often the best crowds, and it ended up being a good time for me too. You could send some pictures to my email: prideofcarthage@yahoo.com. Maybe I'd post one on the blog...

Thanks again.

-David.

3:38 PM  
Blogger gawain said...

I have just send 3 photo's. I hope they are not too big for email.

Mieke

Glad you had fun!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home