Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The End of Acacia

I took a long drive recently between Colorado and California, across snowy mountains and stretches of chill desert. Along the way I thought out a lot of what was to come in Acacia 2. I just got back a couple days ago and I'm only now starting to piece together a routine. Funny thing is that the scene I was drawn to write when I went to work today was what I perceive to be the very last scene of the Acacia series. I don't even think it's the last scene of the book I'm working on. Strange, and it may now take me a few years and 1500 or so pages to get there, but I do think I've set down the last line of this story arc. I'm not going to divulge it, of course, and I may be wrong, but I don't think so. And, having written it, I'm even more anxious to get honestly to work. It's a good ending, and if I can tell the story to get readers there I think I'll have written something I can be proud of.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You took a drive from Colorado to California? Just a casual drive? Wanted to get out of house after dinner or something? There's something cryptic about that small detail. That's all I'm saying. But I'm on your side and looking forward to this new book.

8:59 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Well, that ride was to interview for a job at Cal State, Fresno. True enough, I didn't want to announce that until I knew what was going to come of it and had personally informed people who should hear any news from me directly. I've done that now, and I can say that I got the job, and very good job it is. I'll post about it soon.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home