Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Enough About Me...

My wife, the knitwear designer Gudrun Johnston, just posted about her most recent sweater pattern on her blog. It's lovely. All of her designs are, but with this one I'm reminded how unique her style is, how recognizable. Perhaps I appreciate it all the more because I'm going into like a fourth week without her - or my kids!

Can you believe she not only knit this garment, but designed it? I see her do it all the time, but it's totally beyond me. (Although, that said, she's famous for having very clear and accurate instructions in her pattern designs.)

Anyway, I just wanted to mention it. The image here is of the sweater (on a model). If you had any interest in checking out more of her stuff (or want to send any knitters you know toward her) you could enter her site HERE.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate Elliott said...

I think I talked my sister into knitting me that sweater. She wants to to it in Soot.

9:56 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thanks so much! It's lovely, isn't it? Only... do you have much need of sweaters in Hawaii?

10:42 AM  
Blogger Kate Elliott said...

Yes! I need warm clothes for when I visit the Mainland.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home