Sunday, December 13, 2009

Is This For Real?

Forgive me for wondering that. I should just be humbled and awed and right chuffed, but my innate skepticism keeps me stunned instead.

Take a look at the list of the 20 Best Science Fiction Books Of The Decade, as compiled by io9.

See what I mean? The decade? The decade! And what placement! I know it's just alphabetical, but being at the top like that is way awesome. (Note to authors: try to title your books with letters early in the alphabet, like A, for example.)

Honestly, I can't say a thing about whether or not I deserve to be on such a list. I do appreciate it, though, especially as it's a really good list. Shows a lot of thought in its composition.

I will now go forth and be happy...

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Funny-- I spotted that on io9, then came here to offer my congrats.

I still haven't had time to read Acacia (I'm in a short fiction mode at the moment), but it's bumped to the top of the list right now!

Quick question: have you envisioned how many books will be in the series? I ask because I have a bad habit of rereading the earlier books when a new one comes out, and with longer series it gets fatiguing real fast.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Constance Brewer said...

Hey, congrats! That's wonderful. :)

2:06 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Uman,

Thanks. They'll be just three books in the series. Maybe more later, but in terms of a continuous storyline it's a trilogy.

Constance,

Thank you much.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Landon Bolt said...

Yeah Acacia is all over the net... I don't know if you saw this but this is how I heard about it:

http://www.bestfantasybooks.com/best-fantasy-series.php

10:58 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

You deserve it.

Acacia struck the right tone at the right time. The Other Lands was off the charts too, and much better than Acacia, I thought. Or maybe that's just because the story got twice as interesting....

1:17 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Landon,

Thanks for that link. I just posted a mention of it!

Nathan,

Wonderful to hear. I'm working to make sure Acacia 3 keeps that upward momentum.

10:19 AM  
Blogger BHer said...

Congrats!!! I read io9 daily and when I saw this I shouted "Yes!" and several people at work came over to see what was happening!

Keep up the great work!!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Mary Robinette Kowal said...

Yay, David!

1:51 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

BHerstig, That's great.

Thanks Mary!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home