Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Looking Northward

So I'm about to head off to Montreal for Anticipation, this year's Worldcon. I've got the entire family with me this time. Should be good. I mentioned my schedule in a previous post, so I won't go through it again here. I'll just say that I'm doing a bunch of stuff and that I want to see a bunch more stuff. There. That's it. I will be gratified and disappointed in equal measure, I'm sure, and it will all be worth it.

Oh… And the Durham's will be having sushi with Mary Robinette Kowal tomorrow night. Lovely. And on Friday I'm dining with... oh, George RR Martin and some of the Wild Cards crew. Saturday? Who knows? Maybe I'll get my hooks into Neil. One can dream, yeah? (Actually, on that... Gudrun has been stalking Neil - along with many others - on Twitter. She even got a response from him once, something about Gnomes and adjectives.) Truth be told, I have Neil on the brain just now, especially as I'm on that panel about his fiction and he is the guest of honor and all that...

Just finished The Graveyard Book, by the way. One day, I'll write something with an ending that's as life affirming and touching. Someday. Hopefully soon.

But not tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll start by driving through Vermont and into Canada. Oh... also, you know I'm up for an award? The John W Campbell Award. Won't find out what's happened with that until Sunday night. Please, though, think positive for me. It would mean a lot to win this one.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger The Isle Scribe said...

Best wishes and good luck David - You deserve it, Hope the family are well,

Love, Light and Peace,

Brett
(Hijacked my girlfriends account)

10:31 AM  
Blogger Bryan Russell said...

Godspeed and good luck.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Corby Kennard said...

Have fun. Good luck on the award - it would be quite a win for you.

One day I hope to get to WorldCon. We aren't going to ComicCon for the next couple of years, we are taking a break, so we are looking for other cons to go to. Maybe we'll hit WorldCon, or some of the smaller well-known cons.

Let us know how it goes.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck, David! But then again, I seriously don't believe that luck has anything to do with it. You're a strong, exciting story-teller, and the award is coming your way! :-) If not, then don't sweat it - the award still wont affect your ability to tell awesome stories! :-)

Dave

12:49 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thanks, folks. Tired as I write this, but had a good time so far...

10:58 PM  
Blogger Beth Armstrong said...

Glad to hear you arrived safe and well. Gudrun has updated me on this massive event and I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and keeping fingers crossed. Enjoy your weekend together!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Laughton and Patricia Johnston said...

David

Even though asleep I shall be thinking of you from Shetland ... I will leave a note for the gods on the bedside table.

10:17 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thank you both. With such wonderful energy coming from all around the world... well, I think my chances are boosted.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home